Pages

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Store Bought SCD Snacks

Following Specific Carbohydrate Diet makes me yearn for the days when I could just microwave a ready-made meal.  We have to make absolutely everything from scratch.

That's fine for dinner, but sometimes I just want something quick and easy--and portable.  Seems like every granola bar (even gluten free) has rice, sugar, or agave syrup in them.

These are a couple options I've found that don't have verboten ingredients:
  • Larabars are made of just dried fruit and nuts.  Some flavors are better than others. My faves are Peanut Butter & Jelly and Cherry Pie.  They're the most filling granola-like bar I've found.  
  
  • "That's It" bars are made of just dried fruit.  They're sweeter than Larabars, and pretty good.
  • I wouldn't classify this next one as a granola bar, and they're not filling at all, but they satisfy my sweet cravings because they kind of taste like fruity gummy candy.  Stretch Island Fruit Co.'s fruit strips are about 80% as delicious as fruit roll-ups.  Which is pretty decent.

No comments:

Post a Comment